Mindset Monday for Practitioners — Attitude is Everything: Keeping a Positive Mindset in a Chaotic World
The world we live in right now is full of chaos and uncertainty, so it’s no surprise that negativity sneaks into our outlook from time to time. However, it’s so important to remember to seek out the silver linings no matter how crazy or messed up a situation may seem. Attitude truly is everything. But, how are you supposed to keep a positive outlook when it’s unclear what the future holds and negativity is all around you?
Here are 5 ways to keep your head up and your mind right in times of chaos.
1. Feed Your Mind: One of the best things you can do to maintain a positive outlook is to feed your mind positive, inspirational content on a daily basis. This can be in the form of books, podcasts, Ted X talks, YouTube Videos, blog posts etc. The list is endless. Search for content that inspires you to laugh, smile and see all the good this world has to offer. By making this a daily habit, you ensure that you keep a positive attitude even in the midst of chaos.
2. Watch Who You Hang Out With: When life gets tough, as it sometimes does, it’s so important that you surround yourself with people that will support you rather than bring you down. Be super intentional about the people you allow into that circle. Distance yourself as much as possible from those who tend to bring drama and negativity in your life. Set strict boundaries and be firm, even with family and friends. It will be so much easier to keep a smile on your face, when you surround yourself with people who have your back and don’t add to the problem.
3. Practice Gratitude: Focusing on all the good things in your life is a great way to stay positive, even when the world seems to be falling apart. Start a gratitude journal and write down 3 (or more) things each day that you are thankful for. Go back and re-read them whenever you get a chance. It really helps to put things in perspective and reminds you that no matter how difficult life may get, you still have so much to be grateful for.
4. Help Others: It’s nearly impossible to have a bad attitude, when you are being of service to someone else. Simply knowing that you are making an impact on someone else’s life is enough to give you a sense of peace you won’t find anywhere else — and there are so many ways to do this. Volunteer at local food bank, give to a charity of your choice, pay for someone’s drink and snack in the coffee shop or simply mow your elderly neighbours grass. Giving your time and energy to something bigger than yourself will help you maintain a positive attitude and put a smile on someone else’s face. That’s a win-win.
5. Exercise more: This doesn’t mean you have to do a grueling workout every single day or train for a 5k. Simply make an effort to move your body for 30 minutes every day. Take a walk, go hiking, swimming, or even try your hand at yoga. The options are limitless. Studies have shown that routine exercise releases endorphins into your body which automatically puts you in a better mood. Not only will your mental health improve with regular exercise, but it will keep you in better shape as well.
When it feels like the world is going crazy, it may seem impossible to maintain a positive attitude. However, with a few of these simple tips, you can still smile your way through the chaos and possibly impact others with your positive energy.
This is a series for coaches and therapists who are passionate about their work and their clients and ready to make 2021 a steadier year with ongoing income and a thriving online practice.
We’ve moved from frozen scare and lockdowns to finding our creative, innovative selves again and are ready to face the challenge of pivoting, transforming and thriving. 2021 will be a great year.
Remember that therapists and coaches who are successful are people who have learned to do three things.
1. Be flexible enough to pivot their business to what will work now
2. To break through enough of the fear barriers to get productive again.
3. Be committed to their own self care!
Want to Thrive Online? Want to do more of what you love and less of what you don’t?
Join Our Free Webinars…
If you want quick and easy steps to setting yourself up for a safe and happy future doing the work you love, join us for the Sages free webinars. We usually give at least 5 tips for moving forward in all of the webinars. Each is about a certain angle on the issue of having a thriving practice online. They, on their own will have an immediate effect on your mood and your outlook on life with your practice as a digital business. Get off the hamster wheel and take some time for yourself with our webinars, learn and act, learn and act — that’s the way to start thriving again.
Join our list and be the first to know when we are live online.
“Just imagine if the next 5 years is like the last 5 years? How are you keeping yourself financially secure, happy and living your life of purpose by helping other people succeed?”
The Sages Academy is the place for support and all the resources you need to get your Coaching or Therapy Practice Online and Thriving Even If You Are Not Tech Savvy. It is easier than you think! Sign up for the highly-acclaimed free webinars and workshops to find out how to Pivot that Practice and FutureProof Yourself.
“Yes please, I’d love to find out more …..”