Do You Have This Vital Superpower? Find Out Here If You Are A Strategic Stochastic Thinker.
It is the best of times…… and the worst of times.
Ask yourself — if the next 5 years is like the last five years what do you need to be doing now.
Yes, this has been a time of crisis and fear, challenge and change.
Yes, this is is a time of opportunity and hope, challenge and change.
It all depends on you.
Covid 19 has issued a challenge like none we’ve ever had before because we took a global response strategy to it — and altered the economic landscape forever.
It is certainly time for rethinking, reviewing, revisioning, reinventing, pivoting, planning and Action. And it is the capacity to think strategically that is going to pivot you to the next development in your business. That means you have to do a different kind of risk assessment to the one you may have done 5 years ago. This time it is a challenge to your imagination, your creativity and your action taking superpowers to make the next five years the ones where you will be creating safety, comfort, profit and happiness. No matter what.
Maybe you’ve never heard the term strategic thinker, or you’ve been told you need to be a strategic thinker but you are not sure what that actually means you need to do. First of all there is a very good chance that you are a strategic thinker already.
Strategic thinking is a type of mindset, a soft skill if you will, that requires you to analyze the past and the present and project yourself into the future to envision the shape your business will need to be in under a variety of conditions — and then to bring it all back in focus in the present so you can re-invent or re-orient the business (and maybe even yourself!) to survive and thrive no matter what.
In fact having this ability means you are able to predict more accurately than many others what will be happening in the future. That is called stochastic thinking. So how do you know if you have these strategic, stochastic powers already?
Look for the following signs to help you see what attributes this kind of thinker has.
1. You are inclined to self-reflect. You find yourself regularly reflecting on tasks you’ve already completed, conversations you’ve had or the experiences you hoped would have gone differently. Strategic thinkers can take apart an event after it’s over to understand it fully and then adopt that knowledge for learning to do better next time. You relive key moments so they can understand the bigger picture.
2. You’re always asking questions. When you don’t understand something, you want to ask questions. Some people don’t bother to do this or aren’t sure how to ask the right questions. They simply make assumptions or do the project and then ask questions later.
3. You are continually trying to learn, working ahead to understand, or heading off potential problems, you are a strategic thinker. You ask questions like: “What’s the desired outcome and who benefits? Why is this important to us? Who will this decision effect? What will this mean to our team a month from now? If this doesn’t work what is the fallback plan?”
4. You don’t waste effort by duplicating efforts. You become frustrated when two or more parties are performing the same work or some of the same tasks that end up wasting resources and time.
5. You compartmentalize distractions easily. You find it easy to group and sort your many responsibilities. You push distractions aside and focus on what your most immediate task is. You don’t shut down mentally or start to panic at the thought of having multiple tasks that have to be seen to completion at the same time or soon after each other.
6. You are decisive when necessary. You gather the necessary information competently while keeping a cool head. You don’t allow a difficult decision to cause you stress. You are confident and knowledgeable in your choice.
7. You set goals for yourself on a regular basis. You break down major goals into smaller tasks. You understand why something is worth your time it takes to do. You get excited setting professional and personal goals for yourself. You have an eye towards your future.
8. You’re thrilled helping others be their best. You want to help them reach their potential.
9. You willingly accept feedback. You accept help from others. You have an open mind and enjoy working with others.
10. You plan your career in years or months. You imagine who you’ll be in one to five years’ time. You begin doing the groundwork now for what you want it to look like.
11. You love to learn.
12. You purposely set up new experiences for yourself.
13. You notice patterns of behaviour and emerging trends faster than others.
14. You tend to think of potential solutions as opportunities for profit or benefit.
If you see yourself in any of these areas, you have the signs of a being a strategic thinker. Now is the time to use them.
This is the introduction to a series of free challenges I am launching over the next few months that are designed to take those of us with Stochastic Strategic Superpowers into a successful, profitable, purposeful future.
- Living Your Life Of Purpose 7 day Challenge
- Bulletproofing Your Business Now 7 Day Challenge
- Journal Your Way To The Future You Long For 7 day Challenge
- Building a Bulletproof Business From the Start 7 Day Challenge
- Developing Great Habits And A Resilient Mind 7 Day Challenge
- 7 Day Challenge To Refocus and Get Productive
- 7 day Challenge To Self Care and Compassion
Elizabeth specializes in helping you Live a Life Of Purpose, Meaning, Profit and Happiness. Get Back on Track sign up for her highly-acclaimed free challenges and webinars to find out how to bulletproof your business in 6 easy steps.
Yes please, I’d love to know more….. https://forms.aweber.com/form/76/1704509576.htm